Istanbul Environment Friendly City Award • 4th edition (2022-2023)
Genoa is the winning city of the 4th edition Istanbul Environment Friendly City Award
Ms Tatjana Hema
UNEP/MAP Coordinator at Mediterranean Pavilion – COP27
to create your profile and to fill in the application form.
There are 15 macro-indicators, which are distributed in four categories, as per relevant COP 19 Decision – Istanbul Environment Friendly City Award, namely: 1. Nature and biodiversity protection; 2. Built environment; 3. Socio-economic and cultural sustainability, and 4. Policy and governance.
For each of those macro indicators, you are invited to:
- Reply to a few simple yes/no questions (general approach of the city)
- Describe the present situation through a text box with a description of the expected information
- Provide data to inform some quantitative indicators (current situation)
- Describe the measures and progress achieved in the last 5-10 years through a text box with a description of the expected information
- Describe perspectives and plans for the future through a text box with a description of the expected information
- Provide references, supporting documentation, etc.
It is recommended but not mandatory to provide qualitative and quantitative information for all indicators.
A “Calculation Guide” for the quantitative indicators is provided to explain the assessment methods: LINK
Prior to submit your application, you will be invited to provide feedback and observations on the overall process and in particular on your experience with the application form.
IEFCA Introductory Workshop • 18th May 2023
Award participation rules and a guided presentation of the application form for the Mediterranean Coastal Cities